Friday, February 14, 2014

Good Green Beans WITHOUT Bacon.

I love my green beans, always have. All vegetables actually. My husband sometimes likes to call me a rabbit due to the fact that I love my veggies. My husband and I always "use" eat our green beans with bacon yes bacon. The bacon that you can smell from a mile away because you just love it so much. Bacon. When I decided to start eating healthier bacon was one thing that had to be cut from my diet. There is this one aspect about bacon, in case you didn't know it's not so healthy for you :) For the logiest time I was having to make 2 batches of green beans. One for Jared and one for me. I finally found a way to make my green bean taste well enough for my husband to enjoy them and it's just a small little secret. A small little secret that I want to share with you so that we can all be healthy together. Just give it one try. I'm sure you will like it. Maybe not love it as much as you do with bacon in it. But it is a good compromise.

Fist I use coconut oil to soften white onions.
Then I add the green beans.
Season them with garlic salt and black pepper
OK now this is the secret, a small amount of LEMON JUICE! Yes lemon juice. 
Its not that big of a secret but that's how I do it and now Jared will eat them and I can eat them without the bacon. Healthier green beans.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...