Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fun Food!

So as a general rule I try to eat healthy but on occasion I think you NEED to splurge to avoid getting burned out! Well, this weekend was a splurge for sure! Yesterday Erica and I started our first day of class to become Personal Trainers! We were both really excited to start the class, as well as getting some time out of the house without the kids. Well my house decided to celebrate Saturday night with a special meal! I know it wasn't diet friendly but man it sure was good!!! Steak (that we split) and lobster! We also had potatoes and salads but I didn't take a picture of it.

Marinating in an infused olive oil


The lobster tails slip and ready for the grill (on sale @HEB for $4.97!)

All cooked!

We woke up today and it was pouring outside! I thought it was the perfect time to try something fun I found on pinterest. French bread pizza. We changed ours up a bit and used fresh baked garlic bread from HEB and it was a huge hit in our house. 

Before cooking-I toasted just the bread in a 400 degree oven for 5min to make sure it didn't get soggy. 


Our toppings-bell pepper, banana peppers, black olives, Canadian bacon, and cheese.

After toasting the bread

Going into the oven @500 degrees for 5-7 min (mine was done in 6)

After cooking

Darron's pizza.....which is now gone!

My pizza that I shared with Karlee. I have left overs for lunch tomorrow. 

This was such a fast and easy meal. Perfect for a rainy family day inside! 

Going to have to workout hard tonight~ Allison

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This looks so good Allison!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...